Friday, July 17, 2020

Urban Sketchers Hohenlohe - Wehr an der Leonhardsmühle Unterscheffach (final painting)





















What a beautiful place in bright summer. Climbed the steep way down under the old bridge over river Bühler dating from 1836 to get a better view of the Leonhardsmühle. Initially I wanted to follow my compositional steps I mentioned in my former posts, but as I wandered around below the bridge I changed my mind completely and went further away from the mill and focused more on the weir, the bridge and the water movements (and a good place in the shade of a bush). The look through the bridge in the meantime seemed more interesting to me than the direct view to the mill.


Kristina joined in with her watercolours and did a quite nice drawing, too. 

I felt very relaxed as you could hear the water sounds very well. See the photos of what I saw from the place I was seated at.




By the time I came to finish my watercolour, the sun was coming quite strong from the front and my shady place was in full sun. Time to leave as it is getting hot here.


Ein schöner Platz im Sommer. Ich kletterte den steilen Pfad runter zur alten Brücke über der Bühler, die 1836 erbaut worden ist. Ich wollte einen besseren Blick auf die Mühle haben, aber anstatt mich an meine ursprüngliche Komposition aus meinen schnellen Skizzen der letzten Posts zu halten, änderte ich meine Meinung komplett und ging unter der Brücke hindurch auf die andere Seite. Der Blick durch die Brücke hindurch war nun plötzlich spannender für mich. 

Kristina malte auch in Aquarell ein paar Meter entfernt von mir. 
Mit dem Geräusch des Wassers fühlten wir uns sehr entspannt und tauchten in unsere Bilder ein. Ich habe Fotos beigefügt, damit man einen Eindruck bekommt, wie es dort aussah.

Als ich dann mit meinem Aquarell fertig war, war die Sonne bereits etwas weitergewandert und ich saß in praller Sonne. Das war für mich der Zeitpunkt aufzubrechen.

No comments:

Post a Comment