Tuesday, March 19, 2019

watercolour portrait sketch - a girl





So far I did lots of portraits, but most of the fun for me is portraiting people I know. In my opinion a portrait is a very personal thing and if I know the one to be drawn, it is easier for me to create the picture and to evaluate the likeness. I always try to show the mood or the character of the person more than just to make a sort of reproduction of my drawing subject. This is most fun and probably most difficult.

Portraits habe ich bereits sehr viele gemalt, aber am Liebsten male ich Personen, die ich kenne. Meiner Meinung nach ist ein Portrait eher eine persönliche Sache und es ist einfacher eine Person, die man bereits kennt zu portraitieren und festzustellen, wie ähnlich das Bild geworden ist. Ich versuche die Stimmung, oder den Charakter der Person einzufangen und nicht nur eine beliebige Darstellung zu machen. Das macht Spaß und ist nicht immer einfach.


No comments:

Post a Comment