Sunday, February 18, 2018

Camara dos Lobos beim Markt, Madeira




















Now that I am back at home I still think a lot of the Island of Madeira and I regret not being able to stay longer. I did not see half of what I posted in my first two posts of Madeiras "musts" as of lack of time and this means absolutely that I need to go back. Lucky me I made some friends there which is another reason to go back and what I did not post so far: I attended a violin concert of Andrei Ladeishchikov which was extremely good. Watch out for his concerts if you are there. It was a trip full of beautiful things to see, to hear, to smell, to eat... 

BTW here are a few dishes you need to try when you are there:
  • Bolo do Caco (Madeirense sweet potatoe bread comes often with garlic and butter)
  • Espada (a black deep sea fish)
  • Maquerels (often 10 small fish on a plate)
  • Espetada (Madeirense squewer with big meat pieces)
I am getting hungry...



Nun bin ich wieder Zuhause und denke zurück an Madeira. Leider konnte ich nicht lang genug bleiben, denn ich habe nicht einmal die Hälfte aller Punkte auf meiner Sightseeing-Liste gesehen und ich habe neue Freunde gefunden - also wenn das kein Grund ist zurückzukommen... Ich habe übrigens noch nicht erzählt, dass ich ein excellentes Konzert des Geigers Andrei Ladeishchikov dort gehört habe. Die ganze Reise war voller schöner Dinge zum Sehen, Hören, Riechen, Schmecken....

ach ja, hier ein paar Dinge die man unbedingt essen muss, wenn man auf Madeira ist:
  • Bolo do Caco (Brot von der Süßkartoffel, das oft mit Knobi und Butter als Vorspeise serviert wird)
  • Espada (schwarzer Degenfisch, ein Tiefseefisch der dort und in Japan vorkommt)
  • kleine Makrelen (oft 10 kleine Fische auf dem Teller)
  • Espetada (grosser Madeiraspiess mit Fleischstücken)
 Ich werde schon wieder hungrig...