Monday, February 19, 2018

Am Hafen + Trip reflections from my Madeira Sketching




















I am very inspired by the landscape, the people and the other USkers who I hung out with on the Island of Madeira. I will come back that is for certain.

Here are some of my trip reflections from my sketching adventure on Madeira Island:

  1. Don't take too much matieral with you. I did not use as many tubes as I had brought and I did not need the extra paper, which means that one sketchbook and a few loose pages of sketchbook paper are enough for me.
  2. Skip the ultramarine violet out of my palette as I would have needed a more brilliant violet colour like mauve or the like - this still needs to be tested.
  3. Waterbrush: I tried out the one I got from Cristina. It works well, but I do need to get more used to it. I did two drawings so far with it, but as the colours are not as clear as with a clean well washed out normal brush I smudged too much around and the colours don't come out as planned. And on a hot day it dries so fast that the waterflow is sometimes interrupted. I still struggle with this. If you have any advice please let me have your comment on my email: bettinasbilder@gmail.com
  4. Leave more white on the page and don't fiddle around too much.
  5. My subjects don't always fit into the page and sometimes I am in a struggle between relaxed drawing and measuring - I admit that mostly I do not measure in advance. I decide to RELAX and do not care for the outcome. - Drawing should absolutely be for PLEASURE!!!
  6. Sketch more with other artists - it is more fun to see things with their eyes and discuss the process and the drawing.
  7. Stay longer! I regret that I am often not able to stay longer at a destination due to work... 

Die Insel hat mich sehr inspiriert. Es ist eine tolle Landschaft mit sympathischen Leuten und klasse USklern, die ich dort kennenlernen durfte. Ich komme auf jeden Fall sehr gerne zurück.

Hier einige meiner Überlegungen zu meinem Malabenteuer auf Madeira:

  1. Nimm nicht mehr so viel Material mit. Viele der mitgebrachten Tuben habe ich nicht benutzt und ich benötige nur 1 Skizzenbuch und ein paar lose Blätter. 
  2. Das Ultramarine-Violett fällt raus aus meiner Palette, weil es nicht kräftig genug ist. Ich teste nun andere violette Farben bis ich die Richtige gefunden habe.
  3. Waterbrush: Die habe ich von Cristina beim XX. USk Treffen auf Madeira bekommen und ich hab so einige Anfangsschwierigkeiten. Ich schmiere die Farben zusammen und bekomme keine brillanten Töne damit hin. Das ist sicher Übungssache. Ich habe festgestellt, dass an heissen Tagen nicht immer genug Wasser rauskommt. Wahrscheinlich mein Fehler. Falls Ihr Tips habt, lasst sie mich bitte wissen - schreibt einfach an: bettinasbilder@gmail.com.
  4. Mehr weiss auf dem Papier lassen und nicht so viel rumfiddeln
  5. Meine Motive passen nicht immer auf die Seite - abmessen oder relaxen? - Ich glaube ich bleibe dabei, dass ich lieber RELAXE, denn das Malen soll absolut SPASS machen!!!
  6. Mehr mit anderen Künstlern zusammen zeichnen, da es schön ist ihre Ansichten und Meinungen zu hören und über Motive, den Prozess und das Ergebnis zu diskutieren.
  7. Länger an einem Ort bleiben! Doch die Arbeit ruft...

***















hier nochmal die Farben meiner Reisepalette:

Jaune Brillant,  Schmincke
Cadmium Yellow, Sennelier
Yellow Deep, Sennelier
Cadmium Orange, Sennelier
Quinacridone Gold, Sennelier
Lasurbraun, Schmincke
Alizarin Crimson, DS
Van Dyck, Schmincke
Indanthrone, DS
Indigo, Schmincke
Ultramarin, Schmincke
Manganese Blue, DS
Ultramarinviolett, DS  (wird ersetzt...)
Shadow Violet, DS
Green Gold, DS
Hookers Green, DS
Deep Sap, DS
Paynes Grau, Schmincke