Thursday, October 28, 2021

Sketch Marathon Prague 2021- The day before... Café Hopping and Sketching with friends

 

The day before Sketch Marathon Prague, we had a breakfast date with a very good sketching friend of mine: Isaac Cordova. We have already sketched together on several occasions and this time he chose a very noble location to meet, which was Café Imperial in Prague. This is only my second visit to this beautiful place. The walls and ceiling are covered with tiles and it is really worth a visit. We had two hours for breakfast and sketching, before he had to leave for work.

 

Very good times and nice art talks. Isaac did a fantastic artwork with a very cool portrait of me while we were there. In any case, have a look at: @elartista777

My sketch is more simple, but I had fun and good food, which is important and a good base for what would come...


Thanks Isaac for the great breakfast and relaxed sketching!

***

Then later in the day, we met with our sketching friends from Plzen: Jana and Standa. Jana came from watercolour class and as we were a bit hungry, we had a late dinner at Café Platyz. Later a stroll through Prague and then we had coffee and cake at Café Louvre.

The colours and interior were extremely different from the other cafés and I finally could use my pink colours, which I usually use for flowers or the like. While Jana sketched her Sacher tart, I made this quick watercolour sketch of the interior.


Then we had to say goodbye to them and hurried further for our first meeting of the participants of the sketch marathon (which was to happen the next day). 

Btw. that was the last page in my Karlsbad/Prague sketchbook...

At dinner I started my new watercolour sketchbook with a portrait sketch of Piotr which was never finished, as the meal arrived...


Thank you friends for having had time for us. It was such a pleasure meeting you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment