Thursday, July 8, 2021

watercolour portrait sketch - a cousin

 

With this watercolour portrait sketch I will try to show how a portrait could be done. I stopped myself in between to show, how I began with just a few preliminary pencil lines and then two washes of skin colour. I had to hurry not to let dry everything in order to get more colours to melt into one another. I used a very affordable paper that is why the paper did not hold the moisture for long, but it works also with simple watercolour paper.


Bei dieser Portraitskizze in Aquarell habe ich zwischendrin mal einen Stop gemacht. Genau nachdem ich mit wenigen Strichen vorgezeichnet hatte und zwei Lasuren gemacht hatte, entstand das Foto. Ich musste mich etwas beeilen, denn auf dem einfachen Papier , das ich verwendet habe trocknet die Farbe sehr schnell und ich wollte ja, dass die Farben wenigstens zum Teil miteinander verschmelzen.

No comments:

Post a Comment