Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Mood of the day sketch - Sunset

 

We had a spectacular sunset on March 8. As I saw it I grabbed the little book I am using for a good month. 

I realized that this is the very last page in my toned (Hahnemühle) watercolour book. As I said it took me a month to fill the 32 sheets (I used front and back). It became like a daily habit to sketch into it. The sides are 14 x 14 cm and the paper is light brown, 200 gms watercolour paper. It is suitable for watercolour, gouache, pencil, ....you name it. I paint on both, front and backside to have more like a panorama format. The book outside cover is really neat too and it has a band to keep it closed in the bag.

It was quite useful to have this short format in order to be able to sometimes squeeze in a fast sketch of a sunset or if I did not have enough time and wanted to do at least one sketch a day. For me it was the right book at the right time and it was very convenient to work with. 

I already ordered a new one to be able to continue the fast "mood sketching" with Antonella, Anna, and the others of our small international, virtual sketch group. (btw. I would never have tested the book as I usually love to work with white paper, but this was a present I received from my friend Hélio Boto and I wanted to try it. Thank you Hélio, I appreciated it).

Am 8. März hatten wir einen spektakulären Sonnenuntergang und da musste ich natürlich gleich wieder das Skizzenbuch zücken. Das war leider die letzte Seite meines kleinen 14 x 14 cm grossen Hahnemühle Aquarellbuch, das ich von Hélio zu Weihnachten bekommen hatte. Gut einen Monat habe ich gebraucht um es mit schnellen rohen Skizzen zu füllen und es hat richtig Spass gemacht. Ich habe immer die Doppelseiten bemalt, denn dann hat man ein Panorama-Format. Das Buch ist auf jeden Fall für Aquarell, Gouache, Buntstifte geeignet. Es hat 200g Papier und ein schönes hellbraunes Cover mit Band zum Schließen. 

Das Buch war gerade richtig für schnelle tägliche Skizzen, denn manchmal hatte ich nur wenig Zeit und da war es dann passend ein kleines Format zu haben. Jetzt habe ich nochmal eines nachgeordert, denn die schnellen "mood sketches" möchte ich weitermachen zusammen mit Antonella, Anna,....und den Anderen aus unserer kleinen internationalen, virtuellen Gruppe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment