Sunday, November 15, 2020

The Colours of Fall

In the end of October I enjoyed the very good weather on a Saturday to bike a bit through the forest and stop whereever I want to draw.  Found a seat above the ground which was built by a hunter. It is a great lookout and I could see the valley with the little village of Waldbuch in the distance.

can you spot me up there?
 

Our four season climate makes me change my use of colours every now and then. Compared to our all green summer in landscape painting, in October I actuaĺly would still need lots of greens for painting outside, additionally I need lots of yellows, reds and golden browns. 

 


For this fast landscape sketch from my comfortable seat I used again those cadmium free yellows, oranges and reds I used in spring for my rapefields. There are again a few rapefields at this time of year, like the one in the distance, but the yellow is not as deep in tone as it is in spring. 

The greens are different now. They are not as fresh as in springtime and tend to mixes-with-viridian in some places which as a pure colour is a very artificial looking green. 

The shadows are longer and the sky looks more greyish. Although we had very good weather as I drew this one there is a certain fall melancholie in the air. For time reasons I could not do more leaves on the trees to the left. There should have been much more of them. They fall down at the moment like Konfetti. Best would be to finish the foilage at home, but this time I leave my drawing as is. It is the sketchbook recording of this October day and I was just having a good time sitting in the sun for a while enjoying myself drawing for an hour...

Ende Oktober war ich mit dem Fahrrad und dem Skizzenbuch unterwegs. Ich fand einen schönen Platz auf einem Hochstand mit Blick auf Waldbuch. 

Über die verschiedenen Jahreszeiten kommen bei mir auch immer mal andere Farben zum Einsatz. Hier konnte ich wieder die Cadmium-freien Farben in Gelb-, Orange- und Rottönen verwenden. Das Grün hat auch eine ganz andere Farbigkeit, als im Frühjahr oder Sommer. Jetzt sieht es "quietschiger" aus. Ich hab verschiedene Mischungen aus Viridian (sehr künstliches Grün) verwendet. 

Ich hatte für die Skizze max. eine Stunde Zeit. Die Blätter fallen runter wie Konfetti. Da hätte ich sicher noch etwas mehr malen können, aber die Zeit war wie immer knapp. 

Das war meine Stunde in der Sonne für diesen Tag und es geht bei mir nie darum ein besonders tolles Bild zu malen, sondern mehr darum die Zeit zu genießen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment