Monday, November 16, 2020

Brown Ink and Watercolour Sketch

 

Lately I am experimenting a lot. I rediscovered a little jar of brown ink I never use. My watercolour friend Gaby ordered it for some of our watercolour group a few years ago. I did not want to fill it into a fountain pen, so I watered a large brush and dipped into the ink. It turned out to be quite fun and the ink could be diluted for shadows - just a little more water on the brush and then it works. 

My subject is an angel which I saw at Piazza San Domenico in Palermo. I did not do any preliminary drawing and just started with the ink. The background in watercolour was done later.

Have a look at your old stuff and try some new things with it...

In letzter Zeit experimentiere ich wieder mit anderen Materialien. Ein kleines braunes Glas, das jahrelang in einer Box im Schrank schlummerte ist nun wieder aufgetaucht. Der Inhalt: Braune Tusche von meiner Aquarellfreundin Gaby. Die habe ich jahrelang nicht verwendet und war nun neugierig, wie sie sich mit dem Pinsel vermalen lassen würde. Den dicken Pinsel habe ich nur vorher angefeuchtet und dann direkt, ohne Vorzeichnung losgemalt. Toll ist, dass man mit nasserem Pinsel die Schatten noch verwischen kann.

Mein Thema für diesen Test war einer der Engel auf der Piazza San Domenico in Palermo. Der Hintergrund in Aquarell kam erst danach. 

Also Leute, schaut mal in euren Schränken, ob bei euch nicht auch so ein Fläschchen im Schrank steht und probiert mal damit zu malen...

No comments:

Post a Comment