Sunday, November 22, 2020

Direct Watercolour Sketch - Autumn trees in my forest

 

 

Biking through the forest is great, even when it is a bit colder. The right clothing is important as well as to always carry some painting stuff in the backpack. Today again I stopped at another hunters place close to Großaltdorf and could watch the trees from my comfortable position from above. The great thing about these little seats is, that they are also covered, so if it is raining you are covered and sheltered. When I painted this direct watercolour (no preliminary pencil drawing) the weather was cold, but very good and the sunshine turned the colours of the leaves on the ground into a muted coloured, but still reddish and orange looking carpet.

Here is my colour scheme:

I decided on site which colours to use with no plan beforehand, but as I continued drawing I thought that the mixtures turned out nicely and that I needed to note that down for further drawings.
 

The last photo shows my watercolour and the trees which I did from the wooden shelter I sat in.

Durch den Wald zu radeln ist klasse, vor allem sollte man da immer das Malzeug im Rucksack dabei haben. Kurz vor Großaltdorf machte ich an einem Hochstand stop. Hochstände sind sowieso sehr gute Orte zum malen und auch, wenn es zu regnen beginnt ist man da geschützt. An diesem Tag wollte ich die Bäume in direkter Aquarelltechnik malen - das geht schneller und macht Spass. Trotz des kühlen Wetters sahen die Blätter auf dem Waldboden wie ein rötlich-orangener Teppich auf. Die Farben sind zwar gedämpft, aber immer noch schön.

Die Farbmischungen habe ich mir erst vor Ort überlegt und dann ein Farbschema aufgemalt. Hier nebenstehend ist noch ein Vor-Ort-Bild im Hochstand.

No comments:

Post a Comment