Monday, November 23, 2020

Leofels II

 

A few days ago I reported that I had a sketch outing in Leofels. As it was quite cold there, I decided not to paint my second sketch on site, but to do it at home. You can see a part of the entrance of the old castle ruin in fall with lots of leaves on the ground. 

Had quite a lot of fun with the colours. The approach was totally different from any other I did before, as this time I searched for a colour scheme according to colours I saw in a magazine on a beautiful advertising page and transcripted the colour scheme first (which meant that I painted the main colours as a little chart) and then painted with exactly these chosen colours.

This different approch was quite interesting. I will definitely do that again, as I chose colours that appealed me in this advertisement page of a journal. Try it with any painting you do, just pick out a few colours of a magazine and paint them into your next piece of art.

Vor einigen Tagen habe ich von meinem Mal-Treffen in Leofels berichtet. Gerne hätte ich dort mehr gemalt, aber es war recht kalt und so kam mir eine neue Idee, wie ich ein Bild angehen könnte. Ich habe eine Werbung in einer Wohnzeitschrift gesehen, deren Farben sehr ansprechend waren. Daraufhin malte ich genau diese Farben auf ein Blatt (, so wie ich sonst nach dem Malen eines Bildes die Farben notiere.) 

Anhand dieser vorher festgelegten Farben habe ich dann das obere Bild von Leofels gemalt (Eingangsbereich der Burgruine). Das macht echt Spass, denn man versucht dann aus den vorhandenen Farben die Bildfarben zu erzeugen. Probiert es mal, das ist eine Idee, die ich bestimmt nochmal ausprobiere.

No comments:

Post a Comment