Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Ballpoint I / Memory of Sicily - Lion at Teatro Massimo

 


Wanted to test a simple ballpoint pen (I found in my todays mail from one of my suppliers) and as a subject I chose one of the two lions in front of Teatro Massimo in Palermo from photo reference. This is also a bit of thinking back and good memory from my last travels.

I always liked ballpoints for writing and it was no surprise that I was pleased about how the pen glided over my page. I did not do any pencil drawing and jumped into ink drawing directly. Wonderful surpise: The ink did not bleed with watercolour. What a super experience in between my usual watercolours. This calls for more.

Malen eines Löwen mit einem Ballpoint Stift....oder "der Löwe hat die Haare schön..."   ;)

In meiner Post fand ich heute einen ballpoint pen und da ich so ähnliche Stifte zum Schreiben immer sehr gern verwendet habe, wollte ich eine Zeichnung damit ausprobieren. Ich machte keinerlei Vorzeichnung, sondern fing direkt mit dem Tintenstift an zu skizzieren. Als Motiv habe ich mir einen der beiden Löwen des Teatro Massimo in Palermo vorgenommen und war sofort angetan vom ballpoint, denn der Stifft glitt super angenehm übers Papier und die Tinte ist tatsächlich wasserfest und schmierte bei Aquarellauftrag nicht. Eine schöne Abwechslung zu meinen üblichen Aquarellen. Das schreit nach mehr...


No comments:

Post a Comment