Saturday, December 21, 2019

Sicilian Balcony - Trapani


























On my daily bike tour through the forest I forget about daily work and get lots of new ideas (Mostly for drawing). Yesterday I thought about the very nice balconies of Sicily. Each one is different and if I would draw these I could also play around with the coloured structures on the different walls around the balcony, the wires and cables, the plants and the shadows of it all. This sounded like fun to me, so in the evening I chose one view of a balcony (among my photos) I saw in Trapani. The owner still had a beautiful bougainvillea plant blooming at this time of year! 

Auf meiner täglichen (Fahrrad-) Fahrt zu und von der Arbeit kann ich gut nachdenken und die tägliche Arbeit vergessen. Gestern kam mir beim Radfahren die Idee, ich könnte mal einen Balkon aus Sizilien malen. Da gab es sehr Schöne und jeder war anders. Man könnte mit den Strukturen der umgebenden Wände spielen und es gab dort wilde Kabel, Pflanzen und interessante Schatten. Hört sich nach Spaß an und so begann ich dieses Aquarell am Abend. Als Vorlage fand ich ein Bild von Trapani mit einem hübschen Balkon. Der Besitzer hatte einen noch blühende Bougainvillea, die den Balkon umrankte. So ein Farbspiel macht natürlich besonderen Spaß.

No comments:

Post a Comment