Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Porto after the Symposium, Catedral Sé


















After the symposium there were still a few sketchers in town. So was I, as my flight was cancelled. I had to book a new hotel for the next few days and had unexpected longer holidays than I thought before. Good that I had my watercolours on hand and anyway during the symposium I did not have enough time to explore, so the holiday was on again... this direct watercolour was made from a comfortable seat in a café below the cathedral of Porto. In front of the Cathedral I met watercolour artist Joan Tavolott (NYC) doing a beautiful sketch of the panorama with lavender in front. (We were joking about being some of the last remaining foreign sketchers in Porto...)

Nach dem Symposium waren noch immer ein paar Zeichner in der Stadt. Ich war auch noch da, denn mein Flug ist ja gestrichen worden und ich musste mir für die Folgetage nochmal ein Hotel suchen. Toll, jetzt hatte ich noch ein paar Tage länger Urlaub und da ich nun etwas mehr Zeit hatte die Stadt weiter zu erkunden, packte ich meine Aquarellfarben ein und malte unterhalb der Kathedrale von einem Café aus die obere Ansicht als direktes Aquarell - ohne Vorzeichnung. Vor der Kathedrale traf ich die Künstlerin Joan Tavolott (NYC), die gerade eine Stadtansicht mit Lavendel im Vordergrund malte. (Wir machten Witze darüber, dass wir wahrscheinlich unter den letzen ausländischen USkler in Porto waren...)

No comments:

Post a Comment