Monday, July 16, 2018

Sommerach





















Finally I have the time to tell you about my last 2,5 days of travel painting to Main-Franken, which is a 1:30 hours drive via Autobahn from my hometown. I went there to meet with other drawing and painting friends and have so many good memories with the friendly local people and my painting buddies.

On Friday I left home early and met with one of the friends in Sommerach to make my first watercolour close to Monikas Tower which I drew one year ago and later have a good Franken meal at one of the restaurants in mid-town.

We sat down at a corner of the street and the morning shadows of the house and the metal sign attached to that house on my left are shown on the street. What a good beginning of the day!

(BTW the paper I have with me at this trip is mainly the one Hélio sent me from Portugal. So Hélio: The following days will be paintings on your Arches paper. Thanks again)

to be continued...

Endlich finde ich die Zeit von meiner 2,5 Tage Malreise in die Main-Franken Region zu erzählen. Von mir Zuhause aus ist es eine 1,5 stündige Autobahnfahrt dorthin und ich wollte meine Malfreunde dort treffen, die auch aus verschiedenen Himmelsrichtung angereist waren. Ich habe so gute Erinnerungen an diese Zeit mit meinen Malfreunden und an Begegnungen mit den sehr netten einheimischen Menschen in Main-Franken, dass ich garantiert nächstes Jahr dort gerne wieder einen Malurlaub planen werde.

Am Freitag bin ich schon früh losgefahren und habe mich mit den Malfreunden in Sommerach getroffen. Mein erstes Aquarell entstand an einer Strassenecke in der Nähe von Monikas Turm, den ich letztes Jahr gemalt hatte. 

Wir saßen an der Straßenecke und die Schatten der Morgensonne lagen vor uns auf der Straße. Man sieht den Schatten des linken Hauses mit dem Wirtshausschild rechts unten (falls ihr euch fragt, was das für ein Kringel auf der Straße ist). Der Tag hat schon mal gut begonnen!

(Übrigens habe ich den Arches Block, den Hélio mir aus Portugal geschickt hat auf der Reise dabei. Danke nochmal an Hélio)

morgen mehr...

No comments:

Post a Comment