Friday, November 12, 2021

Herbstlicher Burgbergwald bei untergehender Sonne / Autumn Forest at sunset (step by step)

 


Today I would like to show you how I painted my autumn forest at the time of sunset. It is already real cold and the leaves are falling down. Some evergreens like the trees to the left side make for a nice greenish contrast to the orange and red tones in the background.

This is how I started. The pencil lines are done with coloured pencils to get a better overview which branches go to which tree. This makes it a lot easier as you watercolour.


 Mostly I start with the sky. Here I used a mix of skyblue and ultramarine. I start very light, because the dark trees should create a strong contrast later, as the forest is already very dark.

 

I always try to work from left to right and background before I start my foreground. After this step the fun of jumping into really dark darks is approaching.


In the end I let the sun still shimmer through on tree, which I do by wiping the colour a bit out and blot it with a tissue. 


If you would like to support my work, do not hesitate to buy my new 2022 calendar with flowers in watercolour. It is available in my ebay shop (just click to get there). Thanks a lot.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment