Friday, October 22, 2021

Sketchbook Sicily, Entry 11, farewell Castellammare

 


Here is my on-site-sketch:

 

The day before we left Castellammare, we visited the beach of Guidaloca (here is another sketch of the torre of Guidaloca - click) , which looks like if you are in the Carribean with turquoise, shallow waters and some waves. I enclose this following photo to show you the beauty of the surrounding:

 


Thank you to all our friends in Castellammare for the fun and the good times.

***

Btw. I got so used to that ugly plastic waterbrush, that I also did the above sketch  with it. I've never used it that much as on this trip and this is all due to being too lazy to pack more stuff. To my own surprise I used it more and more. 

I am sure that at home it will go back to sleep in one of my cupboards and wait there for another trip. 

I am really longing for using my beautiful real brush (12 or 16) again and also to work with larger paper. 

Here is my last small coloured pencil sketch of the trip.

 

We landed well in Nürnberg and were welcomed with a very tasty 3 course meal by our very good friends who live closeby...life is good. 

 

Another adventure is just around the corner which will be Sketchmarathon in Prague...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment