Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Sketchbook Sicily, Entry 10, Swimming Glasses, Hibiscus & Basil

 

 

This is the most relaxing part of my travels...home base Castellammare and from there to visit all the different beaches, like here on my sketch you can see a part of Cala Rossa (named after the red stones).

 

While I painted, a nice Austrian couple came by with their Kayak and I still could insert the kayak into my sketch, as at that time I was still about to do the pencil drawing.

Here is my on site photo (the kayak has already left at that time...)


Cala Bianca, which is close by is also a very scenic and an even more wild place. You have to climb a lot to get there. The day we visited Cala Bianca the water was too agitated and not as clear as it is in Cala Rossa.

 

I made a sketch of my small swimming glasses and in Castellammare I had to paint the hibiskus I saw in a garden.

Then from my balcony I sketched the neighbours rooftop terrace. A nice guy is living there, giving me a smile and telling me buongiorno every day...

I did not paint the pot with basil on his table. Everyone here has a fresh basil plant somewhere around the house or on the table or a chair in front of the house (to get enough sun). I already sketched the "holy basil" last year in this post (click to see).
 

 Here is my full double spread with three different subjects:


 As long as I am here I enjoy the excellent cuisine...let's go "...mangiare, capito!"

 

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment