Monday, October 18, 2021

Sketchbook Sicily, Entry 9, Cala Mazzo de Sciacca

 

Ok lets face it, I love the sea and good food, therefore Castellammare is the place to be.

Our today's destination is Cala Mazzo de Sciacca, I would say that this is one of THE favourite beaches of mine with clear blue water and beautifully shaped stones. 

Here is my double spread of part of the bay:

And here is just part of the sea water I painted (with waterbrush), which I really like. I made it look like waves which I did by squeezing water out of the brush on top of the still moist blue colour. It turned out to my liking.

 

Now there is still missing the double spread of our second breakfast on our beloved balcony:

 

The good coffee and the different pastry, some with filling, with almonds or pistacchio are a treat. 

I am still trying to adapt to my new sketchbook paper. On the one hand I like that my paintings do not get too dark, on the other hand the colour sucks into the paper and gets a bit dull, which means I need endless washes to get a darker colour...and all my sketches in here somehow get this blueish pastel look.  

Sure that I will use up the book anyhow...but not yet sure if I will give another of these sketchbooks a chance.


...more shortly...

No comments:

Post a Comment