Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Mood of the day sketch - colours in a glass

 

How do you store your colours? Mine are stored in glasses, divided by colour family. In this direct watercolour sketch the glass got a bit wonky, I did not use a preliminary drawing nor did I care anyway. Just wanted to do a fast sketch. For that reason I mixed different colour tubes into a glass (which I usually don't do in my usual storage as for easier colour finding the colours are separated by colour family). My sketchbook paper is toned, that is why I needed a white gouache colour as well.

Wie sortiert ihr eure Farben normalerweise? Meine sind nach Farben sortiert, gut verschlossen in Gläsern. Meine direkte Aquarellskizze zeigt eines der Gläser. Es ist ein wenig krumm geworden, aber da ich nicht vorgezeichnet habe, kann das schon mal passieren. Egal. Wichtig ist eine schnelle Skizze. Als Motiv habe ich die Farbtuben im Glas gemischt (das tue ich normalerweise nicht, denn die Farben sind bei mir ja nach Farbfamilie sortiert). Mein Skizzenbuch-Papier ist hellbraun, weshalb ich hier und da ein wenig weiss brauchte.

No comments:

Post a Comment