Friday, August 2, 2019

USk Symposium Amsterdam 2019 - Helio Botos Folding Sketchbooks



























It is hot these days in Amsterdam and we urgently needed something to drink. There is this new stuff: Cold Coffee with ice cubes - which tastes better than expected and refreshs the body. While drinking,  I did a sketch of famous Helio Boto who btw brought me two of his extremely precious hand made special folding sketchbooks. He made them by himself expressly for me with Arches paper for suiting my kind of drawings. So beautiful! 

I don't know if he already got a name for this kind of difficult folding structure.

He used a very nice fabric for the outside and an indication on every page with arrows for the drawing direction as you can close the book at normal sketchbook opening size if you sit and draw somewhere - so you won't need more space than a normal sketcher does with a usual sketchbook. This is pure luxury. You just need to know in which direction to draw to later get the complete picture view. 

Such a clever idea and complicated thing to prepare. I think I will have to carefully think over to maybe draw just the sites of one city or a main theme onto them in order to have a complete picture of a certain place. 

These Sketchbooks are extremely precious to me so I will still need my time to think about what to draw onto them. 

Many thanks to you my friend Helio and his wife for your precious gifts. 

My dear readers, please have a look at his site (link) and you will recognize his paper folding style and his great drawings (he usually uses different paper than me).

...more of Amsterdam tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment