Saturday, August 3, 2019

USk Symposium Amsterdam 2019 - The Goodie Bag





















The Symposium is not only drawing and learning it is also a lot about the materials we use. Art material talks everywhere. People compare and have a look on the new stuff their companions are using or the "candys" the art material manufacturers bring to the Symposium. 

Thank you Sponsors - what would be a Symposium without a Goodie Bag to try new materials and have those precious art material talks, the exchange of ideas and the possibility to buy art materials directly on site.

We test the material made by the manufacturers and as bloggers spread the word of what we think about it. This in my opinion is a good thing for everybody (for us is the fun trial part and for the manufacturers to spread their ideas and to get some feedback).

For example I tested all different kind of watercolours we got last year and made some blogposts about them. I will do the same thing and try all the colours inside the bag, but it will take some time to get everything set. 

Also I fell in love with a new to me sketchbook last year and ordered quite a number later for some of my drawing friends and me...you see the word is spread...;o)

Although I work much more with watercolour, this time again I was expecially happy about the nice box of Cretacolors I spotted first while unpacking. There has been a different one in last years' bag and I finished them very fast and had to order some more later. 

The Carandache material is totally new to me and I will try the pencils soon, as I had a good talk with Adrian from Carandache.  Lots of new creative adventures await me, I gotta go ...

No comments:

Post a Comment