Sunday, August 4, 2019

USk Symposium Amsterdam 2019 - Workshop Uma Kelkar




















Workshop Uma Kelkar

Rhythm is A Dancer: Learning to employ repeating motifs to bring in various moods in your sketches. 


 

















She already welcomed us with music and the whole teaching was like music to me.  What a clever workshop and clear teaching method of Uma Kelkar. I loved the energy, the power and her clever advices and enjoyed every minute. 



















My drawings here are not in the right order, but I put my most liked up as no. 1 (which was my kind of limited colour edition)


 




















Her advice of "speaking your drawing" first  before doing anything else was executed by us in another different drawing. The drawing she is holding in her hands is mine. She did explain everybodys paintings in a detailed manner and gave us tips and good advice. Before we began our paintings she gave us two words each (I arranged to the left of my sketchbook the words I became) and according to these I had to try my direct watercolour painting (see sketchbook in Umas hands).

I was quite happy as I was feeling more comfortable than I first expected I would (...you know it is a bit like exam situation...). In my opinion it was a successful day to everybody in the workshop as WE LEARNED A LOT (...and this is what we came for!). Thank you so much Uma.

No comments:

Post a Comment