Sunday, June 2, 2019

Which Yellows to use for a rape-field / Welche Gelbtöne nimmt man für ein Rapsfeld?

Among my watercolours I have been searching for yellow tones to suit my aim to do a landscape watercolour of a yellow rape field which is just around the corner of my home. 

This year I did not want to wait too long as otherwise it will be harvested. So I have to do it very soon. I already did a watercolour last year and another watercolour a few years ago.

If you too have drawn a watercolour of those very yellow fields, please send a photo of it to my email: bettinasbilder@gmail.com with the allowance that it could be shown on this blog. It would be nice to have different works on that theme with indication of the colours you used. If you want you can send a photo with you showing your drawing.

I would be happy to see several rape fields and will probably do another post on that subject.

Here are the colours I would use: No. 3 Cadmium Lemon, No. 5 Cadmium Yellow and maybe an orangey tone like No. 8 Cadmium Orange. Why Cadmiums? I think it is the increased opacity and greater vibrancy that attracts me about them. (I here ignore the potential toxicity concerns associated with Cadmiums as I absolutely like these strong colours) 

I also favour No. 2, which is New Gamboge of WN as this colour can be used thinly as a light warm yellow and thickly as an orangey yellow. They write the following about the colour:  New Gamboge is a recently reformulated warm yellow pigment resembling genuine toxic Gamboge. (Pigment(s) PY150, PR209)

Happy painting.

Momentan habe ich in der Nähe ein so schönes Rapsfeld und möchte es baldmöglichst malen, denn sonst wird es mir vor den Augen weggeerntet. Meine Überlegung war, welche Gelbtöne ich dafür verwenden wollte.

Wenn ihr bereits ein Rapsfeld gemalt habt oder malen wollt, dann sendet mir dieses doch als .jpg an meine email: bettinasbilder@gmail.com zu. Schön wäre, wenn ihr ausserdem ein Foto von euch mit dem Bild in der Hand schicken würdet, mit der Erlaubnis es evtl. in einem separaten Bericht hier auf dem Blog zu posten. 

Die Farben, die ich aus meiner obigen Auswahl verwenden würde sind die Cadmiumfarben wie z.B. No. 3, No. 5 und No. 8. Warum fragt ihr euch bestimmt. Tja diese Farben sind stärker und knalliger als die anderen und auch etwas deckender. (Hierbei ignoriere ich, dass dieses Farben potentiell giftige Bestandteile beinhalten könnten. Ich schätze einfach die Farbstärke dieser Farben).

Als Raps-Farbe käme für mich auch die Farbe No.2 in Frage. Es handelt sich dabei um die Farbe New Gamboge WN. Wenn man die Farbe dünn aufträgt bekommt man ein warmes Gelb und wenn man die Farbe dick aufträgt erscheint sie in einem warmen hellen Ocker-Orangeton. Die Farbe wurde neu aufgelegt und sieht ähnlich aus wie das giftige Gamboge. (Die verwendeten Pigmente sind jetzt PY150, PR209.)

Viel Spaß beim Malen.

No comments:

Post a Comment