Monday, May 27, 2019

Marktbreit Painters Weekend - day 1 - close to the church

 


















Moni, Gerd and I installed ourselves in Lange Gasse, Marktbreit in order to draw the surroundings of the upper church and to enjoy the last rays of evening sun. Concerning the painting spot: I was interested in painting the tree, the structures on the walls and the nice small house (in front of the church).

I was already a bit tired. Gerd had to leave and Moni and I still did one pencil drawing at a different place in town. As we stopped drawing, we were surprised that it was already after 7 pm. I came to my hotel shortly before 8 pm and as I forgot to eat and drink in the afternoon this was the first thing to do to get back to normal again.



Now time to have a look at the outcome of that first day of relaxed drawing and painting - I spread the paper onto my hotel bed....three and a half sheets... that is quite ok. 

What I enjoyed most this day 1 of the Painters week-end is that I had as much time as I wanted and did not need to hurry at any time. I could stay at every place as long as I wanted with no limits but the weather!

Moni, Gerd und ich platzierten uns in der Lange Gasse, Marktbreit, um die Umgebung oberhalb der Kirche zu malen und die letzen Sonnenstrahlen des Tages zu genießen. Was mich an diesem Spot interessiert hat? Tja, das war auf jeden Fall der schöne Baum, die Strukturen an den alten Wänden und das kleine Häuschen mit dem grossen Tor (unterhalb der Kirche gelegen). 

Nun bin ich aber schon etwas müde geworden. Gerd musste nach Hause und Moni und ich machten noch eine Zeichnung, als wir schließlich bemerkten, dass es schon nach 19:00 Uhr war. Wir gaben dann schweren Herzens auf. Kurz vor 20:00 Uhr war ich dann schließlich in meinem Hotelzimmer und da ich nachmittags wie immer das Essen und Trinken vergessen hatte, musste ich das sofort mit einem kleine Vesper nachholen, um wieder normal zu werden.

Jetzt war die Zeit, um meine Werke dieses entspannten Maltages zu begutachten. Ich breitete sie auf dem Hotelbett aus ...dreieinhalb Bilder...das ist ganz ok.

Was ich an diesem ersten Tag des Mal-Wochenendes  besonders gut fand, ist dass ich mich nie beeilen musste und jeden Augenblick genießen konnte. Ich konnte an jedem Platz solange bleiben, wie ich Lust hatte.

No comments:

Post a Comment