Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Emi - Cretacolor chalk test drive from goodie bag






















A portrait of Emi, which was also a test drive of new things from the Symposium goodie bag:

For me a completely new medium to work with black and white chalk, which I tested on a sheet of Stillman & Birn Nova Series beige (a test sheet from the goodie bag). 

First a big thank you that the cretacolor set is so nicely imprinted with the symposium Logo. I like that. In the beginning I did not know with which black to start so I took the black chalk and smudged around in the beginning having problems in keeping my sheet and my hands somehow clean. Another thing was that the black chalk broke easily when I pressed to hard to the paper. Not easy getting used to it, but great fun to explore a new medium. After using black and white I thought I could combine with a bit of a skin tone watercolour (a bit of colour attracts me more to a drawing!) and that is what I applied to the paper. Good that the paper did not warp at all. A nice experience which I will definitely try again soon.

Ein Portrait von Emi, das ich nebenbei als Testbild für die schön verpackten Stifte von Cretacolor (mit Logo) aus der Symposium Goodie-Bag genutzt habe:

Für mich war es ein vollkommen neues Medium mit schwarzen und weissen Kreidestiften zu malen, die ich auf ein Blatt von Stillman & Birn Nova Series beige (Test-Blatt aus der Goodie-Bag) ausprobiert habe.

Am Anfang habe ich etwas rumgeschmiert und hatte Probleme das Blatt sowie meine Hände einigermassen sauber zu halten. Ein anderes Ding war, dass die schwarze Kreide sehr leicht brach, wenn man zu stark drückte. Es war nicht ganz einfach sich daran zu gewöhnen, aber sehr spassig es auszuprobieren. Wie gesagt hier habe ich nur zwei Kreide-Stifte (schwarz und weiss) ausprobiert. Die anderen folgen dann noch. Nach dem Kreideauftrag dachte ich, dass noch etwas Farbe fehlt und probierte Aquarellfarbe im Hautton aufzutragen. Dort wo die Farbe die Kreide trifft wird das Ganze dunkler. Eine Fixierung mit Fixativ ist  absolut notwendig. Das beige Papier hat sich trotz Wasserauftrag nicht verzogen. Ich werde die Stifte wieder verwenden, denn es hat Spaß gemacht.

No comments:

Post a Comment