Sunday, December 10, 2017

Ilha da Culatra: Steine und Sand





















I must say that I love this heavy Fabriano paper although I always hesitate to use it as I don't want to waste this paper with just a fast sketch. I think every artist choses thoroughly which paper to use for what purpose. This time the heavy paper for the heavy stones in the foreground was a good choice. It was worth it as the paper takes as many layers as you like to put on without getting too dark. For the extremely dark zones between the stones I used my new colour DS moonglow directly from the tube which is a bit similar to shadow violet and that I like too, but moonglow is still a bit darker. Fun to test new colours now and again.

Ich muss sagen, dass ich dieses schwere Fabriano Papier sehr schätze und obwohl ich immer zögere es zu benutzen, weil ich es nicht für irgendeine schnelle Skizze verwenden möchte, hat es sich dieses Mal gelohnt, denn die schweren Steine im Vordergrund haben sehr viele Farb-Lagen erhalten und das verträgt das Papier super ohne zu dunkel zu werden. Für die sehr dunklen Zonen zwischen den Steinen habe ich eine meiner neuen DS Farben verwendet: Moonglow, das ein wenig ähnlich dem shadow violet ist, nur etwas dunkler. Macht Spaß ab und zu neue Farben auszuprobieren.