Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Sketchtrip to Krakow

 

It was the coldest weekend you can imagine when I flew to Krakow, to meet my sketchfriend Justyna (@wojnowskajustyna) and her fellow sketchers from USk Poland. I arrived late in the evening...wanted to eat local and tried a fancy Pierogi Shop with nice wall decoration. Hmmm a good start.

Here are some traditional clothes:


 


But let's get back to sketching. Next day we met to the other side of Weichsel river and met at Hala Forum for sketching with a good view.


I first sketched Adam and later Ella, who organizes the Krakow Sketchers:


Here come the other paintings of the group:

Later we went for lunch somewhere else and in the afternoon did some sightseeing and more sketching:


I sketched Tom at Green Café Nero with the interiors of the Café. To the left you can see a small part of Adam whom I sketched in the morning.

Next day we met at Café Lisboa for breakfast:


They had typical pasteis and I felt like back in Portugal.

In the afternoon we met Roman Szmal (Aquarius watercolours) and he showed us four of his latest colours of which I loved most the "urban grey" colour, a highly granulating blue-greyish colour. The yellow still has no name...maybe sunflower would be appropriate...


 I sketched with all the four colours in this sketch:

 

here comes the spread (btw. the church I sketched is worth a visit):

 

 

That is all for now. Krakow is in my heart. Very beautiful city, fantastic people, great food.

No comments:

Post a Comment