Friday, October 28, 2022

Workshop at Abraxa last Saturday

 

Last Saturday I gave an urban sketching workshop (focus on landscape in watercolour) at Abraxa in Heroldhausen. 

We had the best weather you could imagine for an October day, with sunshine, beautiful clouds and colourful trees.

In the morning we did lots of exercises (material, colour mixing and value) whereas in the afternoon, I explained how to paint clouds, trees and landscape and we did some real urban sketching. After each session we bespoke every drawing. Here is one of my own demos and above is just the left part with the blueish trees in the background.

 

My talented students brought many amazing works home. 


Thank you to my lovely students and to Abraxa for having us.

It was a pleasure teaching and tutoring this sympathetic class.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment