Saturday, October 2, 2021

Sicily Sketchbook, Entry 1, Palermo: Arrival and Street Art

 


What a fantastic thing to be able to travel again. Our destination: Sicily.
 
My first drawing of the trip was made at Nürnberg airport and the second during the flight. We had an app that could follow the flight movements, height and speed of the airplane to our destination, which is Palermo. 
 


Here you can see that I was still in the airplane as I drew this. The flight was about two hours and we were happy to leave the airport in very good weather (which means summer temperatures).
 
Once in Palermo we first eat our way through delicacies such as Sfincione, Aracino, Brioche con Gelato (fantastic taste) and of course the good Italian coffee. 
It is very hard to resist the famous delicacies when you are in Sicily.

Before I show you my own sketches, I first enclose some impressive street art, I saw in the streets of Palermo...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment