Saturday, August 7, 2021

Urban Sketchers Hohenlohe in Langenburg


The weather was sunny as our small group of Urban Sketchers Hohenlohe met in Langenburg for sketching in the old town. 

I arrived a bit earlier to check out for good locations to sketch keeping in mind the light and shadow. I searched for places to sit, if possible in the shadow because the weatherforecast mentioned that it would be warm and sunny.

The gate and tower in the rear front of the old town looked quite interesting to me, but I would eventually paint that later. 

In the meantime, I made a very fast 5 minute-drawing into my sketchbook till the others arrived.

 

Together with the group we settled to paint in a side road by a small turquoise house with wooden shutters. It was really attractive to us and we tried to paint it with the shadows and the surroundings. (see large A3 painting above) 



After having finished, we needed a delicious cake and a coffee at famous Café Bauer.

Then another sketching session behind the gate. This is my second A3 from that day. 


The houses look a bit wonky in my sketch, but I had much fun with that one and this is the only thing that counts. 


What a fantastic day in this famous & unique location.

***

Ein sonniger Tag in Langenburg mit den Urban Sketchers Hohenlohe.

No comments:

Post a Comment