Monday, October 21, 2019

PrimaTek DS Dot Card



























Yesterday's garden work and the will to test a few new things I still have left on my desk from the Amsterdam goodies brought the idea of combining drawing a leaf with testing the PrimaTek colour dot card I received (15 different colours).

DS produces about 35 PrimaTek Watercolors like Bloodstone Genuine, Jadeite Genuine and Sodalite Genuine etc. According to them nearly all PrimaTeks have granulating properties giving them wonderful texture and depth and after my test I have to admit, that they granulate wonderfully and I fell in love with the vibrancy of green Apatite and Hematite Burnt Scarlet for that reason. 

In my test i.e. the Apatite and Sodalite colour made magic patterns after drying and some colours even sparkle like Sugilite. Many of the PrimaTeks are made from mineral pigments (some are semi-precious minerals) that produce vibrant, luminous colors, like Amethyst Genuine, Serpentine Genuine and Rhodonite Genuine.

There were also some weaker colours among these 15 tested which in my personal opinion are not as bright though: Lapis Lazuli and Tiger's Eye as well as Red Fuchsite. I truly like the bright colours so these are too weak for my style of painting.  

If I would add some of these 15 to my outdoor palette it would definitely be the greens like green Apatite and Serpentine. The Rhodonite seems good as well, but still needs to be tested as it is very close to the pink opéra colour I use. 

In my upper sketch I used some yellow and ochre from my usual palette to complete the leaf colours and the bright blue is not the lapis lazuli, but my usual cerulean.

Zu diesem Blätterbild bin ich durch die gestrige Gartenarbeit und irgendwie auch durch die Dot-Karte der PrimaTek-Farben von DS inspiriert worden. Ich habe die 15 Farben durchprobiert und bin überrascht, dass aus z.T. Halbedelsteinen und Mineralien/Steinen solche Farben entstehen können. Toll ist, dass viele der Farben sehr stark granulieren. Apatite und Sodalite machten nach der Trocknung sehr schöne Muster und manche Farben glitzern irgendwie wie z.B. Sugulite. 

Etwas schwach in der Farbigkeit fand ich Lapis Lazuli und Tiger's Eye sowie Red Fuchsite. Das liegt aber sicher an mir, denn mir sind die starken Farben persönlich lieber. 

Wenn ich aus dieser Auswahl von 15 Farben einige Farben zu meiner Outdoor Palette dazu nehmen würde, wären das auf jeden Fall green Apatite und Serpentine. Rhodonite muss ich noch separat testen, denn diese Farbe ist sehr ähnlich zu meiner Pink Opéra und die vergleiche ich noch miteinander.

In meiner obigen Skizze habe ich zusätzlich zu den 15 Farben noch Gelb und Ocker aus meiner normalen Palette verwendet, denn sonst hätte ich die Blätter nicht fertig malen können. Das knallige Blau ist mein normales Cerulean, denn das Lapis Lazuli war mir nicht leuchtend genug.

No comments:

Post a Comment