Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Hier kommt Alex

Here comes Alex (Alexander Lukas). This is the name of a pear tree from my garden which I got a long time ago from friends. Last year after harvesting only three pears I told the tree that place is rare in the garden and if it does not make more fruit it will probably go. I am so cruel, but it helped. This year we have an overwhelming harvest with beautiful pears. The aroma is very rich and I can't get enough of eating them. So today I honour my brave tree with a watercolour.

I started a new sketchbook (also from the symposium goodie bag) and I like it. It merely does not warp while using watercolour although only 160g. The sheets are very smooth to draw onto. I think this is a very good sketchbook paper for light watercolour washes. I will continue to use it and as it is light, this is a good book for travelling as well. The outside is a red carton - time will tell how good this will protect the sheets, but for me no problem as I carry every sketchbook in a small plastic pouch for protection.


Hier kommt Alex (Alexander Lukas). Das ist der Name meines Birnbaums, den ich vor Jahren von Freunden bekommen habe. Letztes Jahr hat er leider nur 3 Birnen gemacht und die Jahre davor auch nicht mehr, deshalb hab ich ihm gesagt, dass der Platz im Garten rar ist und er sich schon etwas anstrengen könne. Er hat mich gehört, denn in diesem Jahr hatten wir eine Riesen-Ernte mit schönen Birnen. Das Aroma ist toll und ich kann gar nicht genug davon bekommen. Heute ehre ich mein Bäumchen mit einer Aquarellskizze.

Den Birnenzweig habe ich in ein neues Skizzenbuch (auch aus der Symposium Goodie-Bag) gemalt und ich mag das Papier sehr. Es ist zwar nur 160g dick, aber bleibt einigermassen glatt trotz Aquarellfarbe. Für leichten Aquarellauftrag ist es durchaus geeignet. Es ist auch sehr leicht und deshalb für Reisen bestimmt gut geeignet. Aussen ist ein roter Karton - man wird sehen, wie gut der die Blätter schützen kann. Für mich kein Problem, denn ich habe mein Skizzenbuch immer in einer Tüte verpackt.


No comments:

Post a Comment