Tuesday, May 24, 2022

SKETCHTOUR KIRCHBERG - Nightsketching

 

The first evening of Sketchtour not everyone participated at nightsketching, because some were really tired of their long travels. Five iron sketchers stayed with me close to the tower and gate of Kirchberg centre and we sketched the view with the gate and different light sources, focussing on colour contrasts:


This was the view of the first sketch. The lightsource was at the gate and the surrounding buildings were a lot darker. A few windows were illuminated...

 

Next day at daylight I could see that my sketch was not dark enough to be really read as a nightsketch. Therefore the next evening I intended to paint much darker in value.

We went further down the street and that day many more sketchers came as they heard that we had so much fun the day before... here is the on site photo of some of us:

 

We had headlamps and Claudia brought her magic granulation spray, which I actually used in the sky of my painting. It looks as if there were many little stars...

 

In my nightsketch you can see that the values are much darker than on the sketch of the night earlier. The reflections from windows and walls were stunning and the whole atmosphere was so quiet. We enjoyed nightsketching with all senses, this is why I would propose to all participants: let's do it again soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment