Friday, December 6, 2019

watercolour test with pomegranate



















From Amsterdam there are still some goodies left which I did not try so far. Today I bought a Pomegranate with other fruit and thought it would be fun to paint that one. When looking through my colours I found the Intense Renesans Carmine colour I did not try yet - good timing, I thought. I mixed with Ultramarine (second swatch: it creates a nice violet colour) and Cadmium Yellow (third swatch: It creates a warm orange colour) to get a feeling for the colour and then tried the Pomegranate. 

My conclusion is that the Carmine colour is a very good mixer. The colour is staining (I made some stains on my pull, so I know of what I am talking...) What I like is that it is honey based (which is very smooth while painting, but in hot weather it can wander around your palette). What I like as well are the patterns that the colour combinations make - see my colour swatches...The colour is very bright and it is not opaque so it is a good mixer as I said. I will do another test soon and use another Yellow tone - maybe Yellow Ochre to try something similar again.

 Von Amsterdam habe ich immer noch einige Goodies, die ich noch nicht ausprobiert habe. Heute habe ich mir einen Granatapfel beim Obstkaufen mitgenommen und dachte, das er bestimmt schön zu malen sei. Zuhause habe ich dann mein Material durchgesehen, was am Besten dafür geeignet wäre und mir fiel die Renesans Carmine Tube in die Hand, die ich bisher noch nicht getestet hatte. Gutes Timing. 

Die Farbe ist wirklich sehr gut zum Mischen, sie lässt sich aber nicht mehr so einfach wegwaschen (...habe meinen Pulli damit verschönert...), ist honigbasierend und macht in der Mischung schöne Muster (siehe meine Farbmuster oben). Die Farbe ist leuchtend und transparent was zum Mischen sehr gut ist. Vielleicht wiederhole ich einen ähnlichen Test mit einem anderen Gelb, wie z.B. Ocker.

No comments:

Post a Comment