Thursday, April 25, 2019

Sicily Sketchbook - Scopello




















Scopello is known as one of the most beautiful little towns of Sicily. We liked the atmosphere there and - it is really very very small. Within less than five min. you could see the whole area. 

An absolute must is the Pasticceria with the small cakes. The almonds are the biggest I've ever seen and the baked things are really a delight. I sat down to have coffee and cakes and sketched the place. In the meantime a dog lay down to relax by my feet and seemed to feel comfortable. That happened to me already various times.

The sky was still clouded and I used the naples yellow red shade again for the houses. I am so happy I packed it into my stuff as I really can use it here more than anywhere else so far. 

...drawing seems to calm down dogs...more tomorrow.

Scopello wird überall als eines der schönsten Dörfchen Siziliens angepriesen. Wir kamen dort an und fanden es tatsächlich sehr schön - aber in nicht mal 5 min. ist man einmal in jedem Winkel gewesen, denn der Ort ist sooo klein. 

Berühmt ist auf jeden Fall die Pasticceria (ein absolutes Muss!) mit extrem leckeren Törtchen. Die Mandeln sind sehr viel grösser, als wir sie von Zuhause kennen und es schmeckt unglaublich gut. Dort an der Pasticceria saß ich dann auch um das gegenüberliegende Restaurant-Café und den zentralen Platz zu malen. Der Himmel war noch sehr bewölkt und hier habe ich nun nochmal das Neapelgelb (rötlich) für die Häuser brauchen können. 

Während ich so da saß gesellte sich ein fremder Hund zu mir und legte sich neben mich. Das passiert mir auffallend oft... 

malen scheint auf Hunde beruhigend zu wirken...morgen gehts weiter...

No comments:

Post a Comment